Add USB Devices From a Client Computer
Add USB Devices From a Client Computer to a Virtual Machine in the vSphere Web Client
You can add one or more USB passthrough devices from a client computer to a virtual machine on the virtual machine Summary page in the vSphere Web Client. The devices must be connected to a client computer that connects to the ESXi host on which the virtual machine resides. The devices maintain their virtual machine connections in S1 standby, if the vSphere Client is running and connected.
FT is not supported with USB passthrough from a client computer to a virtual machine.
ü Verify that a USB Controller is present.
ü Verify that the vSphere Web Client has access to the ESXi host on which the virtual machines are running.
ü Required Privilege: Virtual Machine.Interaction.Add or Remove Device
1. Select a virtual machine in the inventory and click the Summary tab.
2. Click the USB icon to the right of USB Devices under VM Hardware and select an available device from the drop-down menu.
3. A Connecting label and a spinner appear, which indicates that a connection is in progress. When the device has successfully connected and the Summary tab refreshes, the device is connected and the device name appears next to USB Devices.
Add USB Devices From a Client Computer to a Virtual Machine in the vSphere Client
1. Select the virtual machine in the vSphere Client inventory.
2. Click the USB icon on the virtual machine toolbar.
3. Select an available device from the Connect to USB Devices drop-down menu.
The status of the device appears as Connecting. The device appears in the USB Connections drop-down menu and is ready to use. The device remains connected until you power off the virtual machine or disconnect the vSphere Client from the ESXi host
When you remove device from Virtual Machine you will get below warning