Configure the Backup Appliance–VDR
You can configure networking settings or reboot the backup appliance, as required, using the web interface.
Before you can configure the backup appliance, it must be powered on and the current version of the client plug-in should be installed.
1. Enter the URL for the backup appliance in a web browser. The URL for the backup appliance is displayed on the appliance console. To view the appliance console, open it from the vSphere Client.
2. Provide the username and password for the administrator.
3. Click the System tab to gather information about the appliance or click Reboot or Shutdown, as required.
4. Click the Network tab and click Status for information about current network settings.
5. Click the Network tab and click Address to configure network settings. You can configure the backup appliance to obtain its address from a DHCP or you can manually configure IP settings.
6. Click the Network tab and click Proxy to configure proxy settings. You can configure the backup appliance to use a proxy server and provide the proxy server’s name or IP address and port.
The backup appliance is ready for use.
NOTE In vSphere Client under Inventory > Hosts and Clusters, the status for VMware Tools of the Data Recovery appliance status will indicate that it is not being managed by vSphere. Do not update the VMware Tools on the Data Recovery appliance. The unmanaged status means that the appliance is not being managed by vSphere, but it is being managed by Data Recovery.