Export a License Use Report
From the Licensing page in the vSphere Client, you can export a report for the license use of products for a certain time period. The report is exported in a CSV file that you can later open with third party applications.
NOTE A temper-detection feature in vCenter Server protects the license use information. If the licensing data in the vCenter Server database has been edited, you cannot export a license use report.
· Verify that you have the Global.Licenses privilege.
· Ensure that the vSphere Client is connected to the vCenter Server system.
· Ensure that you have the vSphere Web Client installed and the vCenter Server system is registered with it.
1. In the vSphere Client, select Home > Administration > Licensing.
2. Select the Reporting tab.
3. Click export.
The Export License Data window appears.
4. (Optional) If the vCenter Server instance that you are connected to is part of a Linked Mode group, leave the default All vCenter Server instances value in the vCenter Server drop-down menu. You should leave the default All vCenter Server instances value to export the license use for the entire group. By exporting the license use for a single vCenter Server instance and not the entire group, you do not receive information about the total use of license keys that are assigned to more than one asset in the group.
5. Select a preconfigured or a custom time period for the license use report from the Time period drop-down menu.
6. Click Export.
The export operation takes a few seconds.
7. In the Save Export File window, click Yes.
8. Browse to the location where you want to save the file and click Save.
The license use for products over the selected time period is exported in an CSV file. The CSV file is contained in a .zip file that you can find in the location you specified.
The license use information that you view in the Reporting tab differs from the license use information that you can export. The license use information on the Reporting tab is aggregated data from the license use snapshots available in the vCenter Server database for the period that you select.
The exported report includes all of the snapshots collected over the selected period. The exported report can contain host, vCenter Server, or solution asset IDs, but does not include user-defined names. The exported report is free of user and company-specific information.
Each row of the exported report CSV file lists a single license use snapshot, which includes an asset, its assigned license key, and the use at the given timestamp
The last section of raw data in the file contains a signature that is a checksum of the file content. You can ignore this section of the report.